您的位置:三立在线 > 大焖锅 > 美剧 > 生活大爆炸中英双语解析——第1季第15集
400-808-3771

生活大爆炸中英双语解析——第1季第15集

2011-03-09 19:11 三立在线 admin

分享到:

在线咨询潘老师郑老师免费热线:13734433272

摘要:看生活大爆炸学英语 The Big Bang Theory 第1季 15集: The Pork Chop Indeterminacy pork chop: 猪排 indeterminacy: 不确定 -Leonard: On the other hand, some physicists are concerned that if this supercollider actually works, it'l

 

看生活大爆炸学英语 The Big Bang Theory 第1季 15集: The Pork Chop Indeterminacy

 
pork chop: 猪排 indeterminacy: 不确定
 
-Leonard: On the other hand, some physicists are concerned that if this supercollider actually works, it'll create a black hole and swallow up the Earth, ending life as we know it.
on the other hand: 另一方面 concern: 于…有关 supercollider: 超对撞机
swallow up: 吞下去
另一方面一些物理学家认为如果这种超加速器起作用了,会产生一个黑洞,然后如我们所知的,吞噬地球,结束一切生命。
-Rajesh: What a bunch of crybabies.
 a bunch of: 许多 crybaby: 爱哭的人
真是一群惜命鬼。
No guts, no glory, man.
No guts, no glory: 不入虎穴,焉得虎子
不入虎穴,焉得虎子嘛。
-Leonard: Hey, check it out. The School of Pharmacology is looking for volunteers.
pharmacology: 药理学 look for: 寻找
嘿,你看。药理学院在招募志愿者。
-Rajesh: We are testing a new medication for social anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia and obsessive compulsive disorder."
social anxiety: 社会焦虑 panic: 惊恐 attack: 攻击 agoraphobia: 广场恐怖症
obsessive compulsive disorder: 强迫症
我们在试验一种治疗,社交焦虑症,恐慌失措,恐旷症与强迫症的新药
Why would they be looking for test subjects here?
 subject: 被试者
他们为何会在这找试验对象?
-Leonard: I don't know, Raj.
我不知道,Raj。
Maybe the comic book store doesn't have a bulletin board.
comic book: 连环漫画册 bulletin board: 告示牌
也许漫画店没有公告栏。
What's going on?
怎么了?
-Howard: Shh, shh, hot girl in Sheldon's office.
嘘,嘘,Sheldon的办公室里有个辣妹。
-Leonard: Sheldon's office?
Sheldon的办公室?
Is she lost?
她迷路了么?
-Howard: I don't think so.
我觉得不是。
I followed her here from the parking lot.
parking lot: 停车场
我从停车场一直跟踪她过来的。
-Leonard: Maybe she's his lawyer.
也许她是他的律师。
-Howard: Well, she's free to examine my briefs.
brief: 短内裤
她可以免费检查我的内裤。
-Leonard: Howard
Howard。
-Howard: I know, I'm disgusting. I should be punished... by her.
disgusting: 令人厌恶的
我知道,我很恶心,我真该被惩罚...被她。
Oh, look, I did it again.
噢,瞧啊,我又来了。
-Missy: That should do it.
这样应该行了。
-Sheldon: Thank you for coming by.
come by: 来窜门
谢谢你特意跑一趟。
-Sheldon: Hello.
你们好。
-Leonard: Oh, hey, buddy...
buddy: 朋友,好伙伴
嘿,兄弟...
-Sheldon: Buddy...?
兄弟...?
-Howard: Sorry I'm late. I'm working on a project that may take me up on the next space shuttle.
space shuttle: 航天飞机
对不起,我来晚了,我刚正在搞一个项目,也许它能让我搭乘下一艘宇宙飞船。
-Sheldon: How can you be late? I wasn't expecting you at all.
expect: 预期
你怎么可能会来晚? 我根本没在等你啊。
-Howard: Nobody ever expects me. Sometimes you just look and...
从来没人期待过我,有时候你就是看着然后...
Bam! Howard Wolowitz.
嘭! Howard Wolowitz。
-Leonard: Sheldon, are you going to introduce us?
Sheldon不帮我们介绍介绍?
-Sheldon: Oh, all right. Uh, this is Missy. Missy, this is Leonard and Rajesh, and you've already met Howard.
好吧,这位是Missy Missy,这是Leonard和Rajesh,还有你认识了的Howard。
-Missy: It's nice to meet you.
见到你很高兴。
-Leonard: You, too, as Well, also.
我也是,也是,也是。
-Howard: Yeah.
对了。
-Leonard: So, how do you two know each other?
那么你们俩是怎么认识的?
-Missy: Oh, he once spent nine months with my legs wrapped around his head.
wrap around: 卷绕的
曾经有九个月时间我的腿绕着他的头。
-Leonard: Excuse me?
什么?
-Sheldon: She's my twin sister. She thinks she's funny, but frankly, I've never been able to see it.
frankly: 坦白地
他是我的双胞胎妹妹,她以为自己很幽默,但显然我从来理解不了她的笑话。
-Missy: That's because you have no measurable sense of humor, Shelly.
measurable: 可测量的 sense of humor: 幽默感
那是因为你的幽默感低得测量不出来,Shelly。
-Sheldon: How exactly would one measure a sense of humor?
幽默感到底是怎么测量的?
A humormometer?
humormometer: 【用于测量幽默感的机器】
幽默计?
-Howard: Well, I think you're delightfully droll.
delightfully: 非常 droll: 好笑的
我觉得你是个非常有趣的人。
Or, as the French say,trs drale.
或者像法国人说的très drole。
-Missy: Okay, so let me see if I got this.
好吧,看我记住了没有。
Leonard, Howard and...
Leonard Howard 还有...
I'm sorry, what was your name again?
不好意思你叫什么名字来着?
-Sheldon: Rajesh.
Rajesh。
-Leonard: So, Missy what brings you out away from Texas?
那么Missy是什么风把你从田纳西吹来了?
-Howard: Was it perhaps destiny? I think it was destiny.
destiny: 命运
也许这是命运? 我想这就是命运。
-Missy: My friend's getting married at Disneyland tomorrow night.
我的朋友明晚要在迪斯尼乐园举行婚礼
-Howard: Destiny, thy name is Anaheim.
Anaheim: 【阿纳海姆,迪斯尼乐园的所在地】
命运啊他的名字叫阿纳海姆。
-Missy: And I had to drop off some papers for Shelly to sign for my dad's estate.
estate: 房产
而且不得不顺便带过来一些我父亲的地产文件给Shelly签字。
-Sheldon: The papers could've been mailed.
文件可以寄过来的。
Mom just sent you here to spy on me, didn't she?
Spy: 侦探
妈妈让你过来监视我的,是不是?
-Missy: I guess that's why they call you a genius.
genius: 天才
我想这就是为何他们叫你天才。
-Sheldon: They call me a genius because I'm a genius.
他们叫我天才是因为我就是个天才。
Tell Mom that I currently weigh 165 pounds and that I'm having regular bowel movements.
bowel movement: 肠运动
告诉妈妈我现在体重165磅,还有我排便运动很规律。
Enjoy the wedding. Good-bye.
祝你参加婚礼玩得开心。再见。
-Leonard: Whoa, whoa. Whoa, whoa. If the wedding's not until tomorrow, why don't you stay with us tonight?
哇,哇,哇,噢,如果婚礼在明天为何今晚不和我们住一起呢?
-Missy: Oh, I don't think so.
我不这样想。
Shelly doesn't like company. Even as a little boy, he'd send his imaginary friends home at the end of the day.
imaginary: 想象的
Shelly 不喜欢有伴甚至当他还是个小男孩时,傍晚时他连他想象的朋友都会送回家。
-Sheldon: They were not friends. They were imaginary colleagues.
colleague: 同事
不是朋友,是想象的同事。
-Leonard: Look, you're here. We have plenty of room.
瞧啊,你既然已经来了,我们有足够的房间.
-Sheldon: No, we don't.
不,我们没有。
-Howard: Come on, Shelly. She's family.
别闹,Shelly,她是自家人。
-Sheldon: So what, I don't issue invitations to your mother.
issue: 发出
那又如何我也不会邀请你的妈妈。
-Missy: Well, it would be nice not to have to drive to Anaheim in rush hour.
好吧,不用在交通高峰时段开车去阿纳海姆也挺好的。
-Sheldon: And don't ever call me Shelly.
还有,别再叫我Shelly。
-Leonard: So it's settled: you'll stay with us.
那就这样办,你和我们呆在一起。
-Howard: Yeah, I'll walk you to your car. You're in structure 3, level C, right?
好耶,我陪你去取车,在3号停车场C区,对吧?
-Sheldon: What just happened?
刚刚发生了什么事?
-Missy: So anyway, we're eight years old and Sheldon converts my Easy Bake Oven
to some kind of high-powered furnace.
convert: 使转变  Easy Bake Oven: 【简易烤箱】 high-powered: 高能效的
furnace: 熔炉
总之,我们8岁的时候,Sheldon把我的简易烤箱改装成了高能熔炉。
-Leonard: Just classic.
真经典。
-Sheldon: I need a place to fire ceramic semiconductor substrates for homemade integrated circuits.
ceramic: 陶瓷的 semiconductor: 半导体 integrated: 整合的 circuit: 电路
我得找个地方为自制的集成电路烤制陶瓷半导体基底。
-Missy: He was trying to build some sort of armed robot to keep me out of his room.
他当时想制造某种武装机器人把我挡在他的房门外面。
-Sheldon: Made necessary by her insistence on going into my room.
insistence: 坚持
因为她总坚持要进我房间。
-Missy: Anyway, I go to make those little corn muffins they give you.
corn muffin: 玉米松饼
总之,别人给了我些小玉米松饼,我想拿去烤。
There's a big flash. Next thing you know my eyebrows are gone.
eyebrow: 眉毛 flash: 闪光
只见一道闪光,接下来我的眉毛不见了。
-Howard: Not your eyebrows.
不会吧,你的眉毛。
-Missy: Yep, I had to go through the entire second grade with crooked eyebrows my mom drew on.
cooked: 弯曲的
是的,后来我整个二年级,只能让妈妈给我画上扭曲的眉毛。
-Sheldon: Is that what that was?
事实是那样的么?
I just assumed that the second grade curriculum had rendered you quizzical.
assume: 设想 curriculum: 课程 render: 致使 quizzical: 可笑的
我还以为是二年级的课程弄得你愁眉苦脸的呢。
-Penny: Hey, Leonard, you left your underwear in the dryer downstairs.
underwear: 内衣
嘿,Leonard你把你的内裤忘在楼下的烘干机里了。
-Leonard: Those are not mine.
那不是我的。
-Penny: Really? They have your little name label in them.
label: 标签
真的么?里面还有你名字的标签呢。
-Leonard: Yeah... no, I do... I... I use those, uh, just to polish up my spear fishing equipment.
Polish: 擦亮 spear: 矛
这样啊... 不我是... 我... 我用那些呃,只是擦亮我的渔枪装备。
I spear fish. When I'm not crossbow hunting, I spear fish.
crossbow: 弩
我猎鱼。我不用弯弩狩猎的时候,就猎鱼。
Uh, Penny, this is Sheldon's twin sister, Missy.
呃,Penny,这位是Sheldon的双胞胎妹妹Missy。
Missy, this is our neighbor, Penny.
Missy,这是我们的邻居Penny。
-Penny: Hi. Wow, you don't look that much alike.
你好,哇喔,你们两个可不怎么像啊。
-Howard: Can I get a hallelujah?
hallelujah: 哈利路亚
我能不能大叫哈利路亚?
-Sheldon: Fraternal twins come from two separate eggs.
fraternal: 兄弟般的
异卵双胞胎来源于两个不同的卵子。
They are no more alike than any other siblings.
sibling: 同科
他们并不比其他的兄弟姐妹相似。
-Howard: Hallelujah!
哈利路亚!
-Rajesh: Hey, guess what. I've been accepted as a test subject for a new miracle drug to overcome pathological shyness.
miracle: 奇迹 overcome: 战胜 pathological: 病理学的 shyness: 羞涩
嘿,知道么,我参与了新药物试验该药对病理性羞怯有奇效呢。
-Penny: Oh, good for you, Raj.
太好了,Raj。
-Rajesh: Yes, I'm very hopeful. Hello, Missy.
对啊,我觉得很有希望。你好,Missy。
They mentioned there may be side effects.
side effect: 副作用
他们提到可能会有副作用。
So, Missy, have you ever met a man from the exotic subcontinent of India?
exotic: 异国的 subcontinent: 大陆
那么Missy你以前见过从异国大陆印度来的男人么?
-Missy: Well, there's Dr. Patel at our church.
我们教堂有个Patel博士。
-Rajesh: Ah, yes, Patel-- good man.
是呀 Patel-- 好人。
-Howard: Do you like motorcycles? Because I ride a hog.
hog: 【哈雷】
你喜欢摩托车么?因为我有一辆哈雷摩托车。
-Rajesh: A hog?
哈雷?
You have a two-cylinder scooter with a basket in the front.
two-cylinder scooter: 【双筒踏板车】
你有一辆前面有个车筐的双筒踏板车。
-Howard: You still have to wear a helmet.
helmet: 头盔
那不也得戴头盔么?
-Rajesh: Have you ever heard of the Kama Sutra?
Kama Sutra: 【迦摩天经】
你听说过迦摩天经没?
-Missy: The sex book.
爱经。
-Rajesh: The Indian sex book.
印度爱经。
In other words, if you wonder, wonder who wrote the book of love, it was us.
也就是说如果你真的想知道是谁写出了"爱之书",是我们印度人。
-Penny: So, Sheldon's sister is pretty cute, huh?
Sheldon的妹妹很可爱。
-Leonard: I wasn't staring.
star: 盯
我没有盯着看。
-Penny: I didn't say you were. I just said she was cute.
我没说你啊,我只说她很可爱。
-Leonard: Oh, eh... maybe, if you like women who are tall... and perfect.
呃... 也许,如果你喜欢那种又高...又完美的女人的话。
-Penny: Sheldon, why are you ignoring your sister?
ignore: 无视
Sheldon 你为何无视你的妹妹?
-Sheldon: I'm not ignoring my sister. I'm ignoring all of you.
我没有无视我妹妹,我无视你们所有人。
-Leonard: I brought snacks!
snack: 小吃
小吃来了!
-Missy: Oh, my, gherkins and...
gherkin: 【腌黄瓜】
我的... 腌黄瓜和...
-Leonard: Onion dip. It's onion dip.
onion: 洋葱 dip: 沾酱
洋葱沾酱这是洋葱沾酱
We don't entertain much.
我们不常招待客人。
-Rajesh: Missy. Do you enjoy pajamas?
pajamas: 睡衣
Missy,你喜欢宽睡裤么?
-Missy: I guess.
应该吧。
-Rajesh: Yeah, we Indians invented them.
嗯,我们印度人发明的。
You're welcome.
不用客气。
-Howard: Yeah, well, my people invented circumcision.
circumcision: 割礼
是啊,好,我们族人发明了割礼。
You're welcome.
不用客气。
-Penny: Missy, I'm going to go get my nails done. Do you want to come?
Missy我准备去修指甲,你想过来么?
-Missy: God, yes. Thanks.
上帝啊,好的,谢谢。
-Penny: You're welcome.
不用客气。
Bye, guys.
再见,伙计们。
-Men: Bye, Missy. Bye, Missy, see you.
再见, Missy,拜, Missy,再会。
-Penny: Good-Bye, Leonard.
再见 Leonard。
-Leonard: Oh, yeah, no, uh, bye, Penny.
是,不,呃,拜,Penny。
-Howard: Okay, you two have to back off.
好吧,你们两个必须放弃。
-Rajesh: Why should I back off? You back off, dude.
dude: 花花公子
为何我要放弃? 你放弃,老兄。
-Leonard: Excuse me, this is my apartment, and she's my roommate's sister.
不好意思,这里是我的公寓,他是我舍友的妹妹。
-Howard: So what? You've already got Penny!
那又怎么样? 你已经有Penny了!
-Leonard: How do I have Penny? In what universe do I have Penny?
Penny怎么可能是我的? 在哪个宇宙里Penny是我的了?
-Howard: So I can have Penny?
那我可以要Penny了?
-Leonard: Hell, no!
去你的,不行!
-Sheldon: Excuse me. Can I interject something?
interject: 插嘴
不好意思,我能插嘴吗?
I'm ordering pizza online. Is everyone okay with pepperoni?
pepperoni: 意大利香肠
我在网上订了披萨,意大利辣香肠款,没意见吧?
-Leonard: Sheldon, can I talk to you in private?
in private: 私下地
Sheldon 我能单独跟你谈谈吗?
-Sheldon: I guess.
我就知道。
Don't worry. I was going to order you cheese-less.
cheese-less: 【不加奶酪的】
别担心我给你点了不加奶酪的。
-Leonard: Thank you.
谢谢.
-Sheldon: It's okay.
没关系的.
Lactose intolerance is nothing to be embarrassed about.
lactose: 乳糖 intolerance: 不容忍 be nothing to: 不足与…相提并论
乳糖耐受不良没啥不好意思的.
-Howard: I'm a fancy Indian man. We invented pajamas.
我是个神奇的印度人,我们发明了睡衣。
-Rajesh: Hey, look at me. I don't have a foreskin.
foreskin: 包皮
嘿,瞧我,我没有包皮。
-Leonard: Sheldon...Are you aware that your sister is an incredibly attractive woman?
incredibly: 难以置信的 attractive woman: 富有魅力的女人
Sheldon...你意识到你妹妹的惊人魅力了么?
-Sheldon: Hmm...She certainly has the symmetry and low body fat that Western culture deems desirable.
symmetry: 匀称
唔...她是挺匀称的脂肪也不多,在西方文化中认为是有吸引力的。
It's noteworthy, at other points in history, heavier women were the standard for beauty
because their girth suggested affluence.
noteworthy: 值得注意的 stand for: 代表 girth: 腰围 affluence: 富裕
但值得注意的是,在历史上其他一些时代里体重较重的女人才是美的标准,因为她们的腰围体现了富裕。
-Leonard: That's fascinating, but...
那很吸引人,但是...
-Sheldon: I didn't say it was fascinating. I said it was noteworthy.
fascinating: 迷人的
我没说那很吸引人。我说引人注意的。
-Leonard: All right... noted.
好吧...注意到了。
But my point is that Koothrappali and Wolowitz, they're hitting on your sister. Oh, it's...
hit on: 挑逗
但我的意思是 Koothrappali和Wolowitz他们在追你的妹妹。这...
-Sheldon: Oh, okay.
好的。
You know, I don't want to criticize your rhetorical style, but we'd be a lot further along in this conversation if you'd begun with that thought.
criticize: 批评 rhetorical: 修辞学的 conversation: 谈话
你知道,我不想批评你的修辞方式,可如果你一开始就提出这问题,我们此刻谈话的深度会增进很多。
-Leonard: That's great, but my...
很好但是我的...
-Sheldon:  What I'm saying is that we took quite an unnecessary detour from what I now understand to be your thesis.
detour: 绕路
我想说的是我现在理解的你的论点,可绕了一段很长的没必要的弯路。
-Leonard: Whatever.
管它呢。
You have to do something about it.
你必须做点什么。
-Sheldon: Why?
为何?
-Leonard: Because she's your sister.
因为她是你的妹妹。
-Sheldon: I don't understand.
我不明白。
Yes, we shared a uterus for nine months, but since then we've pretty much gone our own separate ways.
uterus: 子宫
是的,我们曾经共用一个子宫9个月,但从那以后基本上就各走各的路了。
-Leonard: Okay, uh, consider this...
好吧,呃,考虑这一点...
With your father gone, it is your responsibility to make sure that Missy chooses a suitable mate.
你父亲不在了,你有责任确保Missy选择一个合适的男人。
-Sheldon: I hadn't considered that.
这我倒还没想过.
We do share DNA.
我们确实有着相同的基因.
-Leonard: Uh-huh.
啊哈.
So there is the possibility, however remote, that resting in her loins is the potential for another individual as remarkable as myself.
remote:: 遥远的 loins: 腰部 remarkable: 杰出的
那就有可能,无论这种可能性多么的微弱,沉睡在她腰部的,可能是另一个像我一样杰出的个体.
-Leonard: Exactly.
没错。
And you owe it to yourself and to posterity to protect the genetic integrity of your sister's future offspring.
posterity: 后代 genetic: 基因的 integrity: 完整性 offspring: 子孙,后代
为了你自己和后代,你必须保护你妹妹后代基因的完整性。
-Sheldon: You're right.
你说得对。
If someone wants to get at Missy's fallopian tubes, they'll have to go through me.
fallopian tube: 输卵管 go through: 通过
要是有人想到达Missy的输卵管,必须经过我的同意。
-Rajesh: I am Shiva the Destroyer! I will have the woman.
Shiva【毁灭之神湿婆,印度三大神中司破坏之神】:
我是毁灭之神湿婆! 那个女人是我的
-Howard: I'm warning you I was judo champion at math camp.
judo: 柔道 champion: 冠军
我警告你,我是数学训练营的柔道冠军。
-Sheldon: All right, now that's enough juvenile squabbling.
juvenile: 青少年的 squabbling: 搞乱
行了,停下你们,小朋友抢糖吃的游戏。
You stop it. Stop it, I say!
住手,我说停下!
I'm going to settle this right now.
settle: 解决
我现在就要解决这个问题。
Neither of you are good enough for my sister.
你们俩谁也配不上我妹妹。
-Howard: Who are You to decide that?
你凭什么管这件事?
-Leonard: He's the man of his family.
他是他家里的男人。
You have to respect his wishes.
你们必须遵从他的意愿。
-Sheldon: You're out, too, by the way.
顺便说,你也不行。
-Leonard: Say what?
什么嘛?
-Sheldon: It's nothing personal. I'd just prefer if my future niece or nephew didn't become flatulent every time they ate an Eskimo pie.
niece: 侄女 nephew: 侄子 flatulent: 肠胃气胀的 Eskimo pie: 雪糕
我不是针对你我只是不希望我将来的侄子或侄女,每次一吃冰激淋,就觉得胀气。
-Howard: What are you so happy about?
你这么高兴干什么?
-Rajesh: I'm not happy.
我不是高兴。
It's the medication. I can't stop smiling.
是因为那药,我控制不了笑。
-Sheldon: Now the Leonard's made me aware of how high the genetic stakes are, we have to face the fact that none of you are suitable mates for my sister.
stakes: 赌注
既然现在Leonard已经让我意识到,基因的赌注那么高,我们必须面对现实你们都不是我妹妹的合适伴侣。
-Howard: Wait a minute. Leonard made you aware of that?
等等 Leonard让你意识到的?
-Leonard: We all make mistakes. Let's move on.
move on: 向前看
我们都会犯错,向前看吧。
-Rajesh: Excuse me, but I think you're missing a big opportunity here.
不好意思,但我觉得你可能会错过一个很好的机会。
-Sheldon: How so?
此话怎讲?
-Rajesh: Everybody knows genetic diversity produces the strongest offspring.
diversity: 多样性
大家都知道基因的多样性会产生更强大的后代。
Why not put a little mocha in the family latte?
mocha: 摩卡 latte: 拿铁
为何不在拿铁家族里添加一点点摩卡的血统呢?
-Sheldon: In principle, you have a point.
在原则上,你的观点有道理。
But as a practical matter, need I remind you that it takes experimental pharmaceuticals to simply enable you to speak to the opposite sex.
Practical: 实际的 experimental: 实验的 pharmaceuticals: 医药品
但作为实际问题,我必须得提醒你,单单让你对异性开口说话就得使上还在试验阶段的药物了。
-Rajesh: I think you're focusing entirely too much on the drugs.
我觉得你太过于关注药物了。
-Howard: Is it because I'm Jewish? Because I'd kill my rabbi with a pork chop to be with your sister.
Rabbi: 拉比,【犹太人的导师】
是因为我是犹太人么?因为我会用猪排杀死拉比只为了跟你妹妹在一起。
-Sheldon: This has nothing to do with religion. This has to do with the fact that you're a tiny, tiny man who still lives with his mother.
这和信仰没有关系。问题在于你是个很小很小的,仍然和妈妈住在一起的男人
-Leonard: Sheldon, you are really being unreasonable.
Unreasonable: 不合理的
Sheldon你真的越来越不可理喻了。
-Sheldon: Am I?
是么
Here, eat this cheese without farting and you can sleep with my sister.
fart: 放屁
拿着,吃了这片奶酪。要是你不放屁,就可以和我妹妹睡。
-Missy: Oh, really?
真的么?
-Sheldon: Oops.
啊噢。
-Missy: Shelly, can I speak to you for a minute? Alone.
Shelly我能和你谈一会儿么? 单独。
-Sheldon: Why does everyone suddenly want to talk to me alone?
suddenly: 突然
为何突然每个人都想跟我单独谈话?
Usually nobody wants to be alone with me.
通常没人愿意和我单独相处的。
-Leonard: We all make mistakes. Let's move on.
move on.: 继续前进
我们都会犯错。向前看。
-Missy: Okay, I'm not even going to ask why you're pimping me out for cheese.
pimp: 拉皮条
我甚至不准备问你为何一块奶酪就把我给卖了
But since when do you care at all about who I sleep with?
但你从啥时起在意我跟谁睡了?
-Sheldon: Well, truthfully, I've never given it any thought, but it has been pointed out to me that you carry DNA of great potential.
point out: 指出 great potential: 巨大的潜力
说实话,我从来没想过,但有人向我指出你带着潜能无限的DNA。
-Missy: What on earth are You talking about?
on earth: 究竟
你到底在说什么?
-Sheldon: Let me explain.
让我解释给你听。
You see, I'm a superior genetic mutation, uh, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
genetic mutation: 基因突变 mediocre: 平凡的 stock: 血统
你瞧,我是一个高级的遗传突变,啊,是现存的平凡血统的一种进步。
-Missy: And what do you mean, "mediocre stock"?
你说"平凡血统"是什么意思?
-Sheldon: That would be you.
那是说你。
But residing within you, is the potential for another me.
reside: 居留
但在你体内居住的,可能会是另一个我。
Perhaps even taller, smarter, and less prone to freckling, a Sheldon 2.0, if you will.
prone to: 倾于
可能还会更高更聪明还会少长点雀斑。一个Sheldon 2.0,如果你愿意这么叫的话。
-Missy: Sheldon 2.0?
Sheldon 2.0?
-Sheldon: Exactly. Now, I am not saying that I should be the sole decider of who you mate with.
 sole: 单独的
正是。现在我不是说我是唯一能决定你的伴侣的人。
If you're not attracted to the suitor, then the likelihood of conception will be reduced.
suitor: 求婚者 likelihood: 可能性 conception: 怀孕
还取决于你对求偶者的吸引力,否则受孕的可能就会大大降低。
-Missy: You have got to be kidding me.
你在开玩笑吧。
-Sheldon: Not at all.
绝对不是。
Frequent coitus dramatically increases the odds of fertilization.
coitus: 性交 odds: 机率 fertilization: 受精
频繁的性交会使受精的机率直线提升。
-Missy: Okay, Shelly, sit down.
好吧,Shelly,坐下。
Now I've lived my whole life dealing with the fact that my twin brother is, as Mom puts it, "one of God's special, little people."
deal with: 面对
如今我这一生都得接受一个事实,就是我的双胞胎哥哥,用妈妈的话说是一个天赐的特殊的小人儿。
-Sheldon: I always thought I was more like a cuckoo bird.
cuckoo bird: 杜鹃
我一直觉得我更像一只杜鹃。
You know, a superior creature whose egg is placed in the nest of ordinary birds.
superior : 高等的 creature: 生物 nest: 巢
你知道的把蛋下在普通鸟巢里的一种更高等的生物。
Of course, the newly hatched cuckoo eats all the food, leaving the ordinary siblings to starve to death.
hatch: 孵化 siblings: 同科 starve to death: 饿死
当然,新生的杜鹃把所有的食物都吃掉了,它那些平凡的同胞只能饿死。
Luckily for you, that's where the metaphor ended.
metaphor: 比喻
对你来说很幸运,比喻到此就已经结束了。
-Missy: I thought it ended at "cuckoo."
我以为它在 "杜鹃" 那里就结束了
You listen to me.
你听我说。
If you want to start acting like a brother who cares about me, then terrific.
如果你想要开始像个哥哥那样关心我,那很棒。
Bring it on.
bring it on: 【尽管来吧】
尽管来吧
But you try one time to tell me who I should be sleeping with, and you and I are going to go round and round the way we did when we were little.
go round and round: 旋转
但你敢尝试指点我该跟谁睡,那我们就得一次次地重复我们小的时候干的事。
Remember?
记得么?
-Sheldon: I have an alternate proposal.
alternate: 交替的 proposal: 提议
我有另一个提议。
-Missy: Go on.
你说。
-Sheldon: You donate eggs. We will place them in cryogenic storage.
donate: 捐赠 eggs: 卵子 cryogenic storage: 低温冰箱
你提供卵子。我们把它放在低温冰箱里面。
I will find an appropriate sperm donor for your eggs, have them fertilized and implanted in you.
sperm donor: 精子供体 fertilized: 受精的 implant: 移植
我会为你的卵子找到一个合适的精子供体,让他们受精,然后植入你的体内。
That way, everybody wins.
那样的话,就双赢了。
Correction.
更正。
Missy can date whoever she wants.
Missy想和谁约会都可以。
-Howard: Look, we have to settle this.
听着,我们必须解决这个问题。
-Leonard: I agree.
我同意。
Sheldon's sister is hiding at Penny's because we've all been hitting on her at the same time.
Sheldon的妹妹一直躲在Penny家是因为我们在同时追求她。
-Rajesh: She's not hiding.
她才没躲。
She need privacy to call her grand mother who's apparently very sick.
privacy: 隐私
她需要私人空间去给她病重的奶奶打电话。
Oh, and then I believe she has to wash her hair.
所以我觉得她是想洗头了。
-Howard: Oh, you poor, deluded bastard.
delude: 迷惑 bastard: 私生子
你这个可怜的幻想狂。
-Rajesh: Don't start with me, dude.
start with: 从…开始,【挑衅】
不要挑衅我你这家伙。
-Howard: You want to go again? Let's go.
又想来? 来啊。
-Leonard: Sit down.
坐下。
-Howard: Okay.
好。
-Leonard: If we're going to fight over Missy, let's do it the right way.
fight over: 争夺
如果我们要争Missy的话,那就找个正确的方式。
The honorable way.
honorable: 光荣的
君子的方式。
-Howard: Ow! Ow, ow, ow!
嗷! 嗷嗷嗷!
-Leonard: Take that!
看招!
You want some more?
还想尝尝么?
-Rajesh: And he's down!
他倒下了!
-TV: One, two, three, four...
1 2 3 4...
-Howard: Come on, come on! Get up!
来啊,来啊! 起来啊!
-Leonard: Stay down, bitch!
stay down: 不上来 bitch: 泼妇
躺着,贱人!
-TV: ...seven, eight, nine, ten.
...7 8 9 10。
-Leonard: Yeah! Natural selection at work.
at work.: 在起作用 natural selection: 自然选择
耶! 这是自然选择。
-Sheldon: I weep for humanity.
weep for: 为…流泪 humanity: 人类
我为人类而悲哀
-Leonard: Excuse me, while I go tell Missy the good news.
不好意思啦,我要去告诉Missy这个好消息。
-Penny: Hey, Leonard.
嘿,Leonard 。
-Leonard: Oh, hi, Penny.
嗨,Penny。
How's it going? Listen, that guy Mike that you were dating, is that still going on?
还好么?听着,那个叫Mike的家伙,你们还在交往么?
-Penny: Uh, pretty much. Why?
挺好的,怎么了?
-Leonard: Nothing, just catching up.
catch up: 赶上
没什么,只是问问情况。
By the way, may I speak to Missy, please?
顺便,我想和Missy说几句话,行么?
-Penny: Of course.
当然。
-Missy: Hi, Leonard. What's up?
嗨,Leonard怎么了?
-Leonard: Well, since you're leaving tomorrow,
啊,因为你明天要走。
I was wondering if you'd like to go to dinner with me.
我想知道你是否愿意和我共进晚餐。
-Missy: That's so sweet.
你人真好。
But, no thanks.
不过,不了,谢谢。
-Leonard: Oh. Do you have other plans or...?
你有别的计划吗或者...?
-Missy : No.
没有。
-Leonard: Oh. All right, uh...
好吧,呃...
Enjoy the rest of your evening.
祝你接下来的夜晚愉快。
-Missy: Thanks. see ya.
谢谢,回见。
-Leonard: Um, here's something we didn't anticipate.
anticipate: 料想
呃,有些我们没有预料到的事。
-Penny: What do you want, Howard?
你想干吗呢 Howard?
-Howard: I'm fine. Thanks for asking.
我很好,谢谢你的关心。
I've come to call on Missy.
我来找Missy。
-Penny: Missy.
Missy。
-Missy: Hi, Howard.
嗨,Howard。
-Howard: The Amazing Howard.
是神奇的Howard。
Do you like magic?
你喜欢魔术么?
-Missy: Not really. No.
不是很喜欢。不。
-Howard: Then you are in for a treat.
you are in for a treat: 【你一定会感到满意的。】
那你会喜欢的。
Behold, an ordinary cane.
behold: 看 cane: 手杖
看到了,一根普通的手杖。
-Missy: No.
不。
-Howard: Okay.
好吧。
-Penny: Missy.
Missy。
-Rajesh: Thank you. I apprec...
谢谢我很感...
Apprec...
感...
Appree...
感...
Uh-oh.
啊噢。
-Penny: Oh, honey. Is your medication wearing off?
medication: 药物治疗 wear off: 逐渐消失
噢,亲爱的,你的药效过去了么?
-Missy: Well, hi, cutie pie.
你好啊,甜心。
I was hoping you'd show up.
show up: 出现
我正在想着你会来呢。
We had a dog who made a noise like that.
我们家有只狗,就发出那种声音。
Had to put him down.
put…down: 杀死
不得不把它送去人道毁灭
Are you amused me to pass along to Mom?
pass along: 传递
有什么话想让我替你告诉妈妈么?
-Sheldon: Well, she might be interested to know that I have refocused my research from bosonic string theory to heterotic string theory.
refocused: 重调焦距 bosonic string theory: 混合弦论 heterotic string theory: 玻色子弦论
嗯,这个她可能会想知道我将我的研究重点从混合弦论重新移回到玻色子弦论上了。
-Missy: Yeah, I'll just tell her you say "hey."
这样啊,我会告诉她你向她问好的。
-Sheldon: Okay, well, it was pleasant seeing you, other than that business with my testicles.
testicles: 睾丸
好的,那么,见到你很高兴,除了我睾丸的遭遇以外。
-Missy: Come on, Shelly.
过来,Shelly。
I want you to know I'm very proud of you.
我希望你知道我为你骄傲。
-Sheldon: Really?
真的么?
-Missy: Yep, I'm always bragging to my friends about my brother, the rocket scientist.
brag: 吹牛
是的,我总是向我的朋友吹牛说我哥哥是火箭科学家。
-Sheldon: You tell people I'm a rocket scientist?
你跟别人说我是火箭科学家?
-Missy: Well, Yeah.
嗯,是啊。
-Sheldon: I'm a theoretical physicist.
theoretical physicist: 理论物理学家
我是理论物理学家。
-Missy: What's the difference?
有什么区别?
-Sheldon: What's the difference?!
有什么区别?!
-Missy: good-Bye, Shelly.
再见,Shelly 。
-Sheldon: My God!
我的天哪!
Why don't you just tell them that I'm a toll-taker at the Golden Gate Bridge?!
toll-taker: 收过路费的 the Golden Gate Bridge: 金门大桥
你为何不直接告诉人家我是在金门大桥收过路费的?!
Rocket scientist. How humiliating.
humiliating: 丢脸的
火箭科学家,真是侮辱人。
 
 



相关字搜索:生活      爆炸   中英   双语      
在线咨询

Copyright ©2004-2018 www.xiaoma.com All Rights Resserved 三立在线版权所有

咨询电话:400-808-3771 地址:上海市静安区愚园路172号B座12楼

关于我们 网站地图

沪ICP备16042710号-7

京公网安备 11010802021370号













无法在这个位置找到: kefu_code.htm